This feature isn’t nearly as creepy as it sounds… at least I hope not. Here is where I shine the spotlight on a fellow book blogger that has earned a spot in my GoogleReader.
First up…. Padfoot & Prongs at Good Books Inc!
I believe I’ve mentioned a time or two how much I love these ladies and their blog, but here’s a refresher on why AND a fun mini-interview with them. (there may also be a giveaway involved)
Good Books Inc is a book blog that has been around for a few years and reviews books from all different genres. If you can’t tell by their name, they are Harry Potter fans. But they don’t just review YA! You can find reviews for Ayn Rand, H.G. Wells, Jane Austen, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr….
They made it on to my GoogleReader pretty early on in my blogging. I think I may have come across them via Bookworms with Ink or possibly just searching for book reviews. They post reviews, run a new online book club (Good Books Club), and have a fantastic Etsy store full of literary related amazingness (P&P Printing)!!
My Favorite Posts
- They share with tips from George Orwell on how to become a better writer, show you pictures of a library that will have you wiping the drool off your face, and say goodbye to John Updike.
- The girls put together a list of the 10 best opening lines of books. I had to add to my TBR pile after this one!
- I’m sure most of you know by know that I love JLS. Prongs review of the book is excellent! It even includes a JLS tattoo!
- This one includes some facts about how awesome Ray Bradbury is (as if we didn’t know that!), a letter to the author about how much she loves Something Wicked This Way Comes, and proof that he loves her more than you.
1. Why did you start a book blog?
We started a book blog last December because we needed an outlet (other than each other) to help with our book addiction. It was getting a bit out of control and our blog is a way to channel all of that built up book love into a healthy action (as opposed to buying 30 books a week!). Our bank accounts and our peace of mind has thanked up ever since. When we began our blog it was very selfishly motivated, just something to make ourselves happy, but since then it has turned into such a wonderful outlet that has put us in touch with a whole community of filthy addicts like ourselves. We can’t imagine what it would be like to have our blog with our all of our loyal marauders to share our love with!
2. If you could have dinner with any author (dead or alive) who would it be?
Padfoot – Neil Gaiman. To ask him how someone could come up with a plot liek American Gods.
Prongs would pick J.K. Rowling (shocker right?). Firstly so that I could kiss the ground she walks on. Secondly to convince her to write an 8th book.
3. Do you have a secret favorite book? A guilty pleasure?
Both Padfoot and Prongs agree that you should never feel guilty when it comes to reading. Literature, no matter how basic or silly is still wonderful because it gets people thinking and talking. So ladies feel free to bring ‘He’s Just Not That Into You’ out from where ever it has been hidden.
4. Sum up your day, your life, or yourself using just six words:
Our advice to fellow bloggers is fairly simple. Blog about what you love. Don’t feel that you are tied down by your posts. Quality over quantity kids. When we blog it is because our hearts are spilling over with literature love and that helps to keep the passion alive. If you are feeling yourself slow down with posts don’t be afraid to take a step back and breathe.
Thank you so much ladies! And remember that giveaway I mentioned above….
We’ve put together a Don’t Panic Prize Pack!
Including an amazing mug from P&P Printing!
And a copy of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams!!
Just head over to the post about the giveaway
to see how you can earn more entries and leave a comment!